On September 20, 2023, the Chelsea Community Foundation hosted a lovely evening in Honor of Ann Feeney at Robin Hills Farm. Chelsea Community Foundation (CCF) recognized each of the five Chelsea Area Chamber of Commerce’s Annual 2022 Honorees by awarding them a $1,000 grant. The Honorees chose a public Chelsea charity to receive the grants in memory of Ann Feeney, who personified the Chelsea Community Foundation’s desire to “Support All Things Chelsea.”
Anne Mann, Past Chair of Chelsea Community Foundation, and Katelyn Videto, Director Donor Services, Community Foundation for Southeast Michigan, presided over the event and presented the awards to
- Citizen of the Year Sue Jacobs who granted $1,000 to Chelsea Senior Center,
- Lifetime Achievement Award recipient Gary Zenz granted $1,000 to Chelsea Rotary Foundation,
- Small Business Rick Taylor Real Estate, Reinhart Realtors, granted $1,000 to The Purple Rose Theatre,
- Joanne Rau, Chelsea State Bank, Large Business granted $1,000 to Faith In Action, and
- Nonprofit Business Leadership 5 Healthy Towns Foundation, Steve Petty granted $1,000 to Faith In Action.
Chelsea Community Foundation Advisory Member David Schaible announced the unanimous decision to increase the current $2.8 million endowment to $4 million by 2030. This would ensure continued growth of the CCF legacy in Supporting All Things Chelsea. To learn more about donating or creating a family or business endowment, please contact Katelyn Videto KVideto@cfsem.org , or donate here.
The evening was magical – The Chelsea Chamber Players String Quartet provided lovely music. Ballet Chelsea Ballerinas graced the event, performing a Nutcracker vignette on the outdoor patio. Maxine’s Table provided food and Robin Hills Farm served signature cocktails and beverages.
Anne Mann articulated the evening’s purpose, “We are here to join the legacy of those whose actions have illustrated their devotion to improving our community and inspiring others.” 130+ guests enjoyed the beautiful Robin Hills vista and the company of people who share a common thread – to make Chelsea a sustainably vibrant community.